Evaluation and Final Animation

I started the modelling process by using a pipe polygon and extruded outwards the glue sticks bulging line pattern, appearing on the lid and top of the main body. Going into mesh tools> insert edge loop, I cut out the shapes needed to form that ridged pattern.

Capture 02.PNG

Here is the glue stick further developed, as I have further modelled the lid, body, inside, and bottom. Cutting out certain shapes, such as the glue lid, glue bottom and underneath the marble table, I went to mesh>booleans> difference , while doing that I was using the scale tool to extrude shapes on the y axis, to get that slender figure resemblance to a glue stick. The bottom was made by adding extra subdivisions vertically, then pulling in the face with equal width apart it eventually presented a smooth curved shape, matching an actual glue stick. Using more shapes, adding even more subdivision and bevelled the table bottom stand, getting that curved bump.

Capture 04.PNG

Capture.PNG

Creating the cup, I used a cylinder polygon, cutting into it to form the cups hole. Then I bevelled the cup giving it that smooth edge, as I have done this effect for most of my objects. Then using a polygon torus, I cut it in half to form the cups handle.

capture-01Capture 03.PNG

Just using a simple cube, I scaled out both x and z axis, while flattening the y axis of the cube to create the floor and walls.

Capture 05.PNG

Opening the hypershade menu, I coloured some props with ordinary colours from the menu, such as the pencil, cup, paper and bin. However I added in my own textures, for the marble table, floor and glue sticks, making them resemble my own glue stick and marble table. I created the glue sticks textures, using Adobe Photoshop, just a basic colour scheme distinguishing the individual glue sticks.

alone-glue-stick-textureevil-glue-stick-texturefemale-glue-stick-texturemarble_blackwooden-floor

Capture 06.PNG

By pressing 4 on the keyboard, I entered “wire frame” mode as I could accurately see and adjust my animation. Ensuring that objects aren’t flying off the ground mid movement and that certain fixing out clipping into one another.

Capture 07.PNG

Here is just a close up of the finished models with my custom textures attached. Further down is the different perspectives I was working in through the animation.

Capture 08.PNGCapture 09.PNG

Now that all the texture and modelling has been finished, the step closer to finishing was that I needed to add lights. I chose to add an ambient light, as I wanted to light up the entire room, making everything included. Doing so brought more life from the scene as it felt like a home like presence, which i was aiming for.

Capture 10.PNG

Adding in a camera to fall the character, close up. The same way I created light, I went to create>cameras and as I wanted an animated the view, as the main focus is constantly followed. When placing in the key-frames, my scene was going too fast, as I did not understand how to use the graph editor to manipulate the speed of my animation. I simply just implanted more key-frames, which help me completely solve my problem.

Capture 11.PNG

Finally after I completely finished my animation and finished with all the adjustments, I exported the animation out as a batch render as individual JPEG files. After I imported them into Adobe After Effects, as a multiple sequence, allowing me to form all the taken images of each frame and form the animation once again within this software. Using this software, I rendered the animation out as a 1280×720 format.

Capture 19.PNG

 

Throughout this project I struggled quite a lot as I did not understand on how to use the Maya software, I found it really difficult even in doing the simplest of tasks. Learning about physics behind animations and the process that go through before the final render was quite complex, plans and various design processes. After researching animation in depth, I realised even more how truly challenging it is. Gaining knowledge about certain things through tutorials and practice, has helped my come a long way. Eventually I started enjoying using this software, as I grew hungry for more knowledge in order to improve my skills to create better animations and sculptures. I lacked in everything, even in movement of polygons, but know I have confidence in myself using the software, learning each time I use it and creating things I could have never created before. As you can see my final animation is of a glue stick called Geoffrey, I chose to use a glue stick as my character as it was a simple model to construct, even for me. Also I chose this stationary object as I wanted to demonstrate a new movement, besides the typical role, as i wanted to fill this object with life, giving it a soul. I constructed the set from a copy of inside my home, using the same colours, floor and table. My first story idea was just a boring glue stick rolling into another glue stick, knocking them into a bin, but while developing the animation. An idea came to my head, why don’t I have a genders and include a female glue stick, making it a love story fighting over the lady. I expanded on that idea and I am glad that I did, forming this animation. Overall I am pleased with the outcome, however I wish my final render quality looked more clean and less pixelated along with wanting to remove the Maya axis from the bottom of the animation.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s